Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grattitude Challenge - Day 4

Today's grateful will also be a summary of the last couple days.

Today I am grateful for my children.

Are they perfect?  No.  But neither am I.  I guess that's where they get it from.  :-)

The last couple days, my family has had a yard sale where we are trying to get rid of (and make a little money doing it) the stuff the previous owner left in the house when she moved out.  The kids have been real troopers helping us sort through things, set things out, and move things (on two different days no less).  It has also meant a strange sleep and meal schedule for the family for the last couple days.  Yet, my kids haven't complained.

To top all that off, yesterday started out pretty rough.  We "opened" at 9:30 but didn't get our first customer till 11.  That is so out of the ordinary for where we used to live in VA.  In fact, in VA we would have had people trying to come into our yard at 7AM (even though signs said 9) hoping they could score a deal as we were setting everything up.  With all the disappointment that this could have brought, my kids handled it surprisingly well.  Needless to say we didn't make that much money yesterday.  After the yard sale, I went to show a house to someone and I had 30 minutes to get ready to go to church and write an offer on the house I'd just seen.  My kids were instrumental in making sure we were only a couple minutes late to church rather than very late.

Today, we set up our signs in a few different places and considering where we live we had quite the stream of people.  We also got to meet most of our neighbors for the first time which was nice.  While all of this was going on, my kids were not only excited (they sold a few of their old toys), but they were very helpful when needed (for example when one family came in and bought 3 tables worth of Christmas decorations all at once and we needed to get everything boxed up).

Needless to say, the last couple days have shown what my kids are made of, and I really like what I see.  One proud Mama here.

No comments:

Post a Comment