Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 27

Today I am thankful for my parents and the example they have set for me.  You see, today is their 38th wedding anniversary.  38 years ago, they were married in blue jeans and turtle necks, at sunset on a beach not too far from where I am living right now.  38 years... by today's standards that's rare.

My parents decided long ago to weather the storms of life together.  To say things haven't always been easy for them would be an understatement, but rather than play the blame game, rather than run away to where the grass seemed greener, they've stuck together and come out on the other side, together.  And as a stronger couple and even as stronger individuals in my opinion.

I love you both!  Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment