Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 17

Today I am thankful for my church and my small group in particular.  We recently started attending a small group at our church.  We felt that was necessary since there are 3 church services each weekend and it's kind of hard to connect with people. 

Today I got to participate in an outreach our church did and I LOVE the fact that they even consider such things but also that they pulled it off quite well (at least from what I could tell).  You see, each small group was responsible for one small part of what they called a "Free family fun day" at a local high school.  Different groups set up various carnival games, gave away hot dogs and cotton candy and then inside my group gave away gently used tennis shoes and jeans. 

Considering the area we were in, it was very needed and you could tell by how the families reacted when they found out there was free clothing (they were not told about that part in advance).  Not only was it wonderful to see a small need meet for some of these families but it gave me an opportunity to get to know some of the people in our small group just a little bit better and it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment