Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 15

Today I am thankful for my extended family. 

My parent's have been such an example to me over the years and they continue to do so.  They listen when I need to complain, they give advice when that is needed, and of course they show me love on a regular basis even though we are many miles apart.

Although my little brother started out as a bit of a pain (he is 10 years younger ya'll) we have grown closer in recent years.  It's been fun for me to watch him grow as a person as he realizes his passion and follows it.  Again, what an example.

My grandparents have all passed away, but my husband still has one set of grandparents.  Not only are they a wonderful example of a lasting marriage (they've been married for 60+ years), but they are a wonderful example of praying without ceasing.  I KNOW for a fact, they pray for us every day and it is felt by us.

My husband's parents have been a good example to us of working hard.  Although both of them don't need to work, they have both held jobs for many of the years since my husband entered college.  Part of this was to avoid boredom, but also to help others (my mother-in-law is a nurse), as well as be able to save up for retirement.  Although they have not retired yet, they do have the ability to visit us on a somewhat regular basis (which is good because we find it hard to get to them).  In fact, they are coming in a few weeks and we are looking forward to their visit.

Although my brother-in-law and his wife are relatively new parents, they have shown me the importance of not only working hard, but of having a good time.  A good time as a family, as a couple, and as an individual.

And for the rest of you... my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.  I love you all too and yes I have learned things from you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment