- School for the kids. We've had a couple field trips as well as regular school work.
- Preparing for the fair. Not only are my kids both submitting things for the fair (food items, crafts, and even an original story), but my son completed two demonstrations a few weeks ago. He got a blue ribbon for one and a red ribbon for the other.
- I've been busier for work lately too. I've been showing houses multiple times a week. I also had a house close a couple weeks ago and I have another scheduled in the next two weeks.
- I'm taking a certification class for real estate.
- Hubby has been working on the house (the yard in particular) as of late. This time of year is not nearly as hot and hard to work outside as the summer months so he's taking advantage.
Other interesting items of note:
- My son came up with a joke on his own a few months back. His Oma and Opa were in town at the time and they told him he should submit it to a kid's magazine. Yesterday we got a copy of the magazine with his joke in it. For those interested, the joke is: How does a yo-yo relax? It unwinds.
- For years, we've had an issue with the kids cleaning their rooms. They would clean it and then a couple days later it would be a mess again. We had a really big cleaning push a couple weeks ago and they're still pretty clean. Praying it continues.