Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 18

Today I am thankful for homeschooling friends.  Although I started my homeschool journey in Ohio and then moved it to Virginia for a while, it wasn't till I moved to Florida till I realized what it truly means to be part of a homeschool community.

Yes, everyone who homeschools is part of a community.  How can you not be, when you all have something so basic in common?  The way it's been different for me in Florida is because my family has numerous opportunities to participate in various activities with other homeschoolers.  We've gone on field trips and we've participated in co-op classes (and even helped teach them).  This weekend, we went on a camping trip with other homeschoolers and we've also been invited to spend the day with some of them on Thanksgiving. 

This weekend has meant so much to my family.  There is nothing like a camping trip to get your kids to come out of their shell and actually get to know other people.  Hey, it even got my husband out of his shell a little. 

Did I mention, hubby was the one who really thought we should go on this trip?  I was reluctant because I was afraid work would call me away.   And I was gone for 6 hours on Saturday, but you know what... they had a great time without me and it made me appreciate the time I was there even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment