Friday, November 16, 2012

Gratitued Challenge - Day 16

Today I am thankful for my long-time friends.  I don't have many of them, maybe 4 that I know from high school and early college age that I still stay in contact with.  Today one of them in particular comes to mind because tomorrow is the last day of a hard-earned fight.  Tomorrow is the last day of J's college classes to get her bachelor's degree. 

This is a BIG deal.  A HUGE deal in fact, and I am very proud of her.  You see, J has been working on this degree for many years.  As someone who took 10 years to get her bachelor's degree I know how hard it can be.  There were many days I asked myself why I was putting myself through all the effort, through all the sleep deprived nights so I could get something finished in time. 

The last 2 years of my degree I was a stay at home mom with one small child.  J has been working on her degree while holding down a full-time job (where she is a supervisor which means she doesn't get to have 9 - 5 hours), being a hands-on mother, and a supporting wife.

She truly is an inspiration.  And I want to take this time to thank her for her friendship.  To thank her for the inspiration to never give up.  And to invite her to visit as soon as she can so that she can relax and get warm, but also so we can catch up.

Love you J!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. This was wonderful, thank you my friend. This made my heart happy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete