Thursday, September 15, 2011

Settling In - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Part 2

Today the kids and I drove to Sarasota to attend a home school group.  It started at 8:30AM and because it was an hour away, it meant we left the house at 7:15.  Unfortunately, I ended up at the wrong church building and of course no one was answering their phones.  After 20 minutes of trying to figure out where we were supposed to be, I gave up and started to back track to our house.

That's when I spotted it!  The church with the name that I had seen in some of the paperwork... and there were LOTS of cars in the parking lot.  After a little searching inside the building, we were able to find their classrooms.  The kids had a great time.  I mean, who wouldn't considering they both started with a class designed around building with Lego's?  After a quick snack / lunch break my son participated in a science lab that was about fossils, while my daughter got to play instruments and just have a good time with some of her new friends.

My kids now have an incentive to get up early in the mornings on the days of their class, and so do I.  In addition to watching my kids interact with others and helping out as needed, I was able to meet some of the other moms.  There were a few that I was really able to connect with.  Makes me wish we didn't live an hour away from them, because I could really see myself getting together with them outside of the class.

2 comments:

  1. If you are considering Florida for a few years, You could move to Sarasota after your rental is up. Fortunately, you didn't buy the house you are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you [all] had a good time! Certainly makes it worth the drive. And a meet in the middle isn't too bad at a half hour. ~J

    ReplyDelete