Saturday, September 3, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

I've been feeling kind of bad the last few days because my in-laws have been doing all kinds of different things with my kids while I've just been sitting around.  My in-laws haven't said anything, so I don't think it's something they mind.  It did get me thinking about why I've just been sitting back doing nothing.  Then it hit me.

We are only a few days away from leaving Iowa for Florida.  The kids love spending time with their grandparents without me.  In fact, yesterday I was recently asked by my daughter to stay in the car while they fed some ducks. 

I also have one other reason.  Once we get to Florida, it's pretty much all going to be on me again;  I won't have a babysitter and I won't have school to send them to.  Not only will I be the primary care provider and teacher for both of my kids, I will also be setting up a "new" house.

So, yes, I'm taking advantage of the situation a bit.  But can you blame me?

2 comments:

  1. Not even a little tiny bit. Plus, what you didn't say is that it is also really great for our kids to have this attention from their grandparents. This is the stuff memories are made of. Enjoy the breather while you can. ~J

    ReplyDelete