Thursday, September 22, 2011

Controlled Chaos

Today, the kids had their homeschool classes.  This is our first time attending what I would call a "normal" day.  That said, there were a lot of people out sick, so the groups were a bit smaller than normal.  You would think that in light of that, things would run smoothly.  Especially for a program that has been in operation for many years.

Unfortunately, that was not the case.  The first class went great!  The second on the other hand just wore. me. out.  From what I gathered, the facilitator was not given her teaching materials till Tuesday night (not her fault), but she didn't even print it and look at it till Wednesday night.  Today is???  Thursday.  So she looked at it the night before the class and based on how organized she was today, she didn't even look over it that well. 

Also, this class was for 4 - 7 year-olds and I get the need to try to change things up frequently to keep them interested, but they actually scheduled too many things.  They went over time by 15 minutes (considering the class is scheduled for 2 hours that's too much) and the class still didn't get everything done.

As a former facilitator, today's experience has made me a little wary of how the rest of the classes are going to go.  I'm hoping it's just because she was not given her materials till the last minute.  All I know is that this level of chaos on a regular basis is going to drive me nuts and maybe even send me to the nut house.

1 comment:

  1. Karrie, no one is as organized as you. You'll end up with high blood pressure if you keep it up. God has a lesson here, try to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete