Friday, August 5, 2011

Huge Sigh of Relief

Today I took my daughter to get an ultrasound of her abdomen.  Yes, my 5YO daughter got a sonogram.  The last few months she's gotten multiple UTI's and her pediatrician decided that we needed to make sure that 1. she hadn't damaged anything or 2. that there wasn't some underlying problem that was causing them.

As we were sitting there waiting, I looked around at all the other people waiting for their particular procedure.  It's safe to say she was the youngest there by at least 20 - 30 years.  Then it hit me... my 5YO daughter could have a serious problem... something that could require surgery, or worse, could end with her having a shorter life that I would like for her to have. 

So what did I do?  I said a quick prayer that everything would be ok.  And guess what?  Not only did I feel peace immediately, but the radiologist and her pediatrician both said she has a clean bill of health.  Praise God!  Not that we know exactly why she's been getting the UTI's, but at this point I could care less about that.  I'm just glad that my baby girl doesn't have a serious malady.

Oh, and did I mention she had a great time getting "tickled" by the ultrasound wand and her big brother loved watching how it all worked.  All-in-all a good (yet I'm sure expensive) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment