Friday, August 12, 2011

Priorities

Earlier this week, some people I know witnessed a horrific accident.  They quickly jumped into action but in the end were not able to help the people involved in the accident.  Afterwords, they said it was the worst thing they've ever experienced... being completely helpless as you watch and know that someone is or has died right in front of you.  After speaking to the authorities, they all decided they were going to go out and "Enjoy Life."

That got me thinking.  In light of the fact that life can be very short, what if anything would I do differently.  What does "enjoying life" look like for me?  For the most part, I have no regrets.  I am not going to be one of those people who wishes I'd had time to visit a certain place.  Rather, I would be the person to regret not doing something with or saying something to someone.

To that end, I want to make sure I make time for family (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, siblings, etc).  I want to make sure I make time for friends.  I want to make sure they all know how much I care for and love them. 

To my regular readers... thank you for consistently reading my blog.  It shows me how much you care about me and my family.  We love you too!

1 comment:

  1. Perspective is a good thing. I love you too. ~J

    ReplyDelete