Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Book Lover in Need of a Book

I love to read right before I go to bed.  I've been doing it since I was in elementary school.  I remember many nights in high school where I got only a couple hours of sleep because I was reading a book that I just couldn't put down.  I even remember the names of a few.

Talking with my husband about books, I discovered that his required high school reading list was very different than mine (he went to an International school in Germany and I went to a small Christian school in Virginia) .  In fact, it would appear that my repertoire of classic literature is quite lacking.  To that end, I have been reading classics that I have never read before (it doesn't hurt that I have no access to a library while on the road and I can download most of them for free onto my iPad).

Recently, I have read Treasure Island, The Jungle Book, Oliver Twist, and The Scarlet Letter.   Now that I've finished the series I got from the library in Virginia I'm in need of another classic I can take on the road.

What are some books that you think I should put on my must-read list?  Any I should avoid?

1 comment:

  1. Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Frankenstein , Old Man and The Sea, Anna Katerina

    ReplyDelete