Monday, July 4, 2011

Wonderful Day + 1 = a 180?

Yesterday was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable days I've had in a LONG time.  We went to church in the morning and neither kid gave me a hard time about going to their class.  Not only did I hear a good sermon, but I was reminded of all the sacrifices that our military make for us (appropriate for this time of year). 

After church, we had a light lunch and then hubby took a nap while the kids watched a movie.  This gave me some alone time and I knitted, read a little, called my parents, and just had some alone time.  After all that, hubby grilled some smoked steak (yum!) for dinner.

After dinner we got to roast marshmallows for S'mores for the kids and I made myself a cherry campfire pie.  After that, I had to work off some of the food, so the kids and I went for a walk down to the Indian River to play some Red Light, Green Light.  While there, I called my in-laws and the kids got to talk to their Oma and Opa for a bit.  We ended up back by the river at dusk in order to try to see another fireworks display (we saw one on Saturday that lasted 30 minutes long).  Unfortunately, it was so far away that most were hidden by the trees.  Yet the kids took it well.

Today however is looking like it will be a very different kind of day.  The kids are already fighting (Over a book.  Should I be happy it's at least about a book?).  We've also been dealing with a sewer problem the last couple of days and it would appear it's coming to a head today.  We are the lowest sewer spot on our row of campers so every time another camper empties their tanks it ends up pushing sewage up out of our spot.  We haven't been able to empty our tanks for 2 days now because of it.  We didn't have any problems before the weekend so we think the extra people this weekend are causing it.  Yes, most of them are leaving today, but we are at 90% capacity this weekend but on Thurs the campground will be at 100% capacity because of the shuttle launch.

As I type, one of the maintenance guys is snaking the sewer hole and adding a new PVC pipe (the one there was broken).  If they can't get it fixed we're going to try to move sites today.  The smell of the sewage is getting worse and I haven't been able to do dishes or take a shower since yesterday for fear of overflowing our tanks. 

If they do get it fixed, I'm going to have a lot of dishes to do (followed by a nice long shower of course).   As someone who doesn't like doing dishes, I must admit, the reprieve is probably part of what made yesterday so enjoyable.  I guess life is now back to normal for a few more days.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment