Thursday, July 7, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Children

Below you will find a compilation of cute, funny, or sweet things my kids have said recently:

While at church, Jon and I were told that we were a couple that looked perfect together.  We were told we had a happy "glow" about us.  We were talking about it later wondering what the man could have been seeing, and our son proceeds to say, "Maybe it's because your skin isn't as dark as his so he thinks you were glowing."

My daughter has a tendency to mispronounce things.  I'm not sure if it's because she's not paying attention to what we are saying or because perhaps we aren't always looking at her when we tell her the name of something (thereby missing some valuable lip movements when saying certain words).  Some of her more recent mispronunciations:  Crackle Barrel (instead of Cracker Barrel) and Milky Wave (instead of Milky Way).

My son is not immune to mispronunciation either.  He recently said aerodymanics (instead of aerodynamics).   I must admit, it does roll off the tongue as aerodymanics quite easily.

1 comment: