Friday, July 8, 2011

Fare thee well, Atlantis

Well, the US space shuttle program has officially launched it's last.  You could feel the joy and sadness as people gathered to watch.  Rather than take a lot of pictures, I decided to take video instead.  I couldn't get it to upload to Facebook so I am uploading it here.  I know it's not as close as the videos you will see on TV and you can't hear the sound of the rockets, but hopefully you can get a little of the sentiment and perspective of the people there to watch. 

Enjoy!


Just like the moon landing was memorable for children of that generation, I believe this will be memorable for my kids.  My daughter is already talking about wanting to be an astronaut (she is aware she needs to get over her fear of roller coasters) and my son wants to build robots that will go into space.  If nothing else, this experience has given my children dreams they never considered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment