Monday, April 9, 2012

Torn Between Two Houses

Owning a house that you are renovating and renting a house that is an hour away from the house you bought... well, it's for the birds!

For four weekends in a row now we have gone to the "new house" on Friday after lunch and don't come back to the rental till Saturday around 9PM or so.  It's nice to be able to get some solid work done on the house for those 1.5 days, but my Saturday night just doesn't seem to end.  Add to that that this weekend was Easter and my Saturday night (and even Sunday morning) were a bit hectic to say the least.

Today I am in the process of trying to catch up on things I didn't get done over the weekend because we were at the other house.  Things like laundry, grocery shopping (don't get me started on keeping groceries at two houses), and paying bills.

The good news is that we made a lot of progress this weekend.  It's the first weekend where after leaving I feel like we are quite a bit closer to moving into the house full-time.  Hubby mentioned that he hoped we would be living in the other house by the middle of May.  After this weekend, I'm thinking that might be possible.

I can't wait for us to be in one house.  It will make my life SO much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment