Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dodged That Bullet

Today, I was able to witness, yet again, how the Lord protects me and my family (and our possessions). 

The kids usually have Lego class on Thursdays, but due to a conflict for some of the teachers there is no class this week.  Class last week was cancelled at the last minute as well, so I decided to make a trip to that area so my kids could meet with a friend at a park.  The friend was available yesterday and today and for whatever reason, we decided on today.

On the way to meet our friends today, I stopped by the new house to drop off some stuff.  While there, I noticed the power was out.  Based on the rather soft ice cream in the freezer, it had been a few hours.  I called the electric company and found out it was only our house.  It took them about 4.5 hours to fix the problem; apparently a transformer that serves only our house had blown and it took a while to get the replacement installed.

As I was sitting at the park with our friends, I couldn't get over the fact that if we had gotten together with our friends yesterday, we would have gotten to the house on Friday afternoon to no power and rotten food.  It also made me thankful that hubby had not moved and plugged in the chest freezer he bought at a yard sale a few weeks ago because if he had, I probably would have had even more stuff in the freezer that could have gone bad.

God is great, all the time!  Even with the little things.

1 comment: