Thursday, April 19, 2012

Saving Money


I have always thought of myself as being frugal with my money.  I've been balancing a checkbook since I was 16 (down to the penny I might add - hey, I'm type A).  For as long as I can remember, I've always looked at those lists that give you ideas on how to save money.  After all, maybe there is something new that I could be trying. 

One of the things that has started to show up on lists in the last few years is cutting your own hair.  I've cut my husband's hair since we've been married (easy to do since it's a buzz cut).  I've cut my kid's hair since they were born (I did pay to have my daughter's done once and it wasn't worth it so I never took her back).  The thought of doing my own hair though has been a bit petrifying.  What if I cut it crooked?  Will I notice?  Will everyone else notice?

I think I am finally to the point where I am going to try to trim my own hair.  When I was about 16 I tried to trim my bangs and it didn't go well.  Not even a little bit.  I think my bangs ended up being maybe 2" long and I have a big forehead so it was not pretty.  I don't have bangs anymore and I'm letting my hair grow out so even if I mess it up the fix will not end up shorter than cuts I've had in the past.  The thought of paying someone $12 just to trim my hair is more than I'm willing to spend on my hair right now.

Considering I can cut my daughter's hair which is three times as thick as my hair and it turns out like this....

Front Before

Back Before  
Front After

Back After
I think I'm going to give it a try.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! I'm terrified of trimming my own hair and thus, the growout is just that. No trimming happening. It starts to look pretty raggen after a while.

    ReplyDelete