Friday, May 20, 2011

Success!

Anyone who knows me well, knows I like to bake.  And not just so I can eat the fruits of my labors, but because for some inexplicable reason, baking brings me a sense of peace and joy.

Well, the last few weeks in the camper have been a bit rough for me.  You see, I don't have my stand mixer with us (couldn't justify the space or weight).  That means that what I can do is quite limited.  A week or so ago I purchased a package of pre-made cookie dough.  We were all so excited to have fresh baked cookies for dessert.  Unfortunately, the bottoms burned before the tops even cooked all the way.  I ended up finding a way to salvage them but needless to say they were a disappointment.  The up side... the oven is so small I can only cook 6 cookies at a time so I still had plenty more for a later date. 

Being that I love to bake, and my husband loves to eat what I bake, we went in search of the problem.  Luckily it was an easy fix and we were able to bake up the rest of the cookie dough a few days later with no burning.  And today I baked cupcakes in preparation for my daughter's 5th birthday on Sunday (we have plans for tomorrow and I figured that if they didn't turn out, this would give me time to buy some).  Good news!  They turned out pretty good (I had to test one of course to make sure).

At one point, we were thinking of pulling out the oven and putting in a dishwasher.  As much as I love that idea; now that I can bake again...tough decision.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got this worked out! It's important to hold tight to those things that help us deal.

    ReplyDelete