Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What are the odds?

My husband and I have been married almost 14 years.  In that time, he has been called to jury duty 4 times now in 2 different states (and while we lived in 4 different houses).  The first time we had lived in our first house for a few years before he was called.  The second time he was called less than a year after we'd moved in to a house.  Same for the third time.  And the most recent time he was called (to serve today in fact) he received the notification less than a year after we'd purchased this house.

To put it all in perspective, I have been called once.  I spoke to my both parents and my mom has been called once in her life, and my dad has never been called.

Don't get me wrong, my husband likes to serve.  In fact, the one time he was actually picked to serve on a jury, he ended up being the foreman.  (Side note: If you ever want to hear an interesting, strange, and a bit scary story ask him about the "Village Idiot.")  He feels it's his duty to ensure that the jury pool has at least one logical person on it.

I'm not sure what sort of demographic he meets that the rest of us don't, but I don't think I've ever known anyone that's been called for jury duty more.  It's a shame these odds can't be used in our favor for something else.


UPDATE:  Opps!  Got a call from hubby. We forgot to call the special number.  Court was cancelled for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment