Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Accidental Experiment

My family is all about experiments.  We love simple experiments like mixing colors, complicated experiments like trying to grow our own coral, and everything in between.

But yesterday I got to experience an experiment that I didn't intend.  Last night, we went to church and I forgot my phone at home. AHHHHH!!!!

Obviously, I don't answer the phone while in church, but right after church we have small group and last night we planned on going out to dinner with some people from small group afterwords.  So I was planning on checking email in between each of these functions.

I was able to use my hubby's phone to check email once while we were out and things were fine.  I got home to my phone 4 hours after we left to find that just after we'd left I'd missed 2 calls from the same client.

First though... oh no!  After listening to their message, I thought... what difference would those 4 hours have made?  Not much if anything really.

So did something horrible happen?  No.  Is my client upset?  No.  Did I have a nice evening?  Yes.   So what did I learn?  Perhaps I should unplug (on purpose).  After all, the world will not end.

1 comment:

  1. The best thing that ever happened to me when I transitioned from old job to shiny tower was the loss of the work blackberry. I had gotten to an unhealthy place with it. I'm glad you had that unintended experiment!

    ReplyDelete