Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Arch Nemesis

I think I've made it abundantly clear in the past how much I dislike cleaning bathrooms.  Well, I think something has overtaken that dislike.  I could go so far as to say I HATE it....Cleaning my daughter's bedroom.

It's not the actual act of cleaning that bothers me either.  I like to organize and know that things are clean.  As far back as I can remember I have liked to have things organized.  Don't get me wrong... growing up, my room wasn't always spotless but I did get to the point where my room would get too messy for me and I would then clean my room.

My daughter doesn't seem to have such a compunction.  I could let her room get filled knee high with papers, stuffed animals, and books and she'd just climb over them.  And that's not even what bothers me the most.  I just can't seem to understand why she keeps some of the things she does.  I look at a small piece of paper and think "What is that?  Must be a scrap from something else she's made."  But no.  My daughter will then start on a discourse on how it is a sprinkle from the doughnut shop she made.  And that little piece of paper is cheese for the pizza kit she made.

I love how inventive she is.  I love that she uses things she finds around the house and pretends they are something else.  I just wish she has an inkling of the organizational bug that I have.  That way, I don't have to take a room like this

This was taken after we'd been working on the room for 30 minutes or so.

to this every couple weeks.

About 24 hours after we started and many breaks later...


It's not as clean as I'd like to see it, but I'm pretty happy with this cleaning session.  After all, she was willing to get rid of more things than I wasn't expecting her to.  Perhaps it's something she's growing into?

Oh, and I also cleaned 2 bathrooms today and although I still don't like to do them, they certainly don't take as much time as cleaning my daughter's bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment