Monday, March 4, 2013

Change of Plans

Anyone who knows me well, knows I am a planner.  I am a list person.  I like to know days in advance what I'm going to do.

I realize that sometimes that's not possible, especially during cold and flu season.  In fact, my plans have changed numerous times over the last few days because two members of the family had a nasty cold.  Saturday we were supposed to go to a birthday party for a cousin, but with 2 people in the house sick we didn't go.  After making that decision, I was asked by a client to show them a few houses Saturday.  Hubby (one of the sick ones) said he'd watch the kids, so off I went.  Today, I found out the offer we put in on a place we saw that day was accepted (Can you say hurray for that change of plans?!).

Everyone was feeling mostly better yesterday, so I planed to run some errands this morning that I haven't been able to do for a while (including grocery shopping).  But again, I had my plans changed for me.  This morning at 8:50, I got a call from the office asking if I was available to show a condo.  They had been trying to reach the listing agent but were unsuccessful.  And the buyer only had this morning available to see it.  So what did I do?  Change my plans.  I showed the house in the morning but was still able to get the grocery shopping and other errands done in the afternoon.  (For those of my friends who are coming over for the robotics class tomorrow, I'm sorry my house is a mess - that's the thing that didn't get done today).  And no word on the end result of that showing yet (they did like it so there's hope).

This afternoon I received an email from an out-of-town client who wants me to take some additional pictures of a place that was listed today.  The end of my week is already packed full of stuff and I'm pretty sure they will put in an offer if they like the pictures I take.  I don't want them to miss out on what on paper looks to be a great deal.  So what do I do?  Change my plans for tomorrow.  I will still be home for the robotics class, but again, the cleaning I would have done in the morning will be greatly abbreviated.

Oddly enough, I'm not stressing (too much) over these changes.  It's actually been a bit fun trying to juggle everything.  Another function of being a planner I think.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best thing about having a plan is juggling it. I hope things go well with the photos and showings.

    ReplyDelete