Sunday, April 7, 2013

Checking In

One of my dearest friends recently started grad school.  Needless to say, with her work/ school/ wife/ parent schedule, as well as mine, we don't connect as often as we'd like.  The other day she sent me a quick email seeing how things are going.   Then I realized.... she reads my blog and I hadn't updated anything in quite a while (almost 3 weeks now)!

I am SO sorry.  I realize my blog is the only way some of you hear about what is going on with me and my family so here goes.

In magical bullet form, here is a summary of what my family has done over the last 2-1/2 weeks.

  • The kids and I have been working on a unit study (an in depth study of one topic) on dolphins.  My daughter is LOVING it of course and my son is even finding it interesting.  The next unit study we will be doing is my son's choice - robots.
  • The kids and I attended an open house for a local homeschool group that we are seriously thinking of joining next school year.  Hubby and I are both thinking about becoming tutors (their way of saying teacher).  Not only would it help pay for the class, but I think it will help us be able to help them learn at home more.
  • Hubby has been teaching the robotics class each week.  From what I can tell all the kids (and hubby) are having a good time as well. There are only a few more weeks left, so now he's trying to figure out the contest for the last day of class.
  • Hubby is also working on 2 projects simultaneously for one client (they are similar so it's not a big stretch).  He was supposed to send one of them a while ago, but hubby wasn't happy with it.  The client said they would rather have a complete product rather than one that isn't quite right so they told him to take his time so he is still plugging away.
  • The entire family volunteered at an Easter egg drop hosted by our church.  We helped at the booth where pictures were taken with the Easter bunny and Mrs. Bunny.  The kids had a great time helping and of course being able to participate in the egg drop at the end was a bonus. Note: watching plastic eggs dropped from a helicopter is pretty cool.
  • We've also been getting some stuff done around the house.  My parents are in the process of packing up to move to Florida.  Hubby and the kids are planning a trip up to help them in a few weeks.  If I can get away from work, I might try to go and help as well.  My parents will move in with us initially while they look for a place to live (thus the need to do some work around our house).  The good news is that I know a really good Realtor who can help them find a place  ;-)
  • Taxes, taxes, taxes - ugh!
  • Today we took in 2 cats for an undetermined period of time.  Their owner is being evicted and needs a place for them to stay while he gets back on his feet and finds a place that will allow cats.  His story is so sad that we just felt we had to help him and his cats (he tried 30+ other shelters / rescue organizations before finding the one we help with).
  • I have shown / previewed 36 houses for 5 different people and drove 442 miles and have more on the books this week as well.
  • I have a closing scheduled for later this week.  This is the first one since the end of December.  Thankfully there is one scheduled for May as well.
  • I've also been knitting each evening as I have time.  I have a project I was hoping to have done a while ago, but alas here I am still working on it.  I'm about half way done now, so that's progress I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment