Sunday, February 3, 2013

What We've Been Up To

WOW! I just realized it's been over a week since I posted last, and for that I appologize.  Looking back on the last week I realize why I didn't find the time.  Here is a little bulleted list (to make things easier and in homage of my friend J who loves to use bullets in her blog):

  • I showed a few houses last Sunday afternoon to the brother of a client from out of state.  The client decided to fly down a few days ago to look at houses themselves.  That had me busy Friday and again today.
  • Monday, the kids and I went to a local beach with a homeschool group and did some beach clean up.  Then the kids played on the freshly cleaned beach for a little while before I head to get back to show a house to someone.
  • Tuesday, hubby taught his second robotics class to homeschoolers.  Although I don't teach the class, I have to be home to watch our daughter since she doesn't participate.  There are also other families with children that don't participate so I find myself trying to come up with things for those kids to do (not to mention cleaning the house before they come in case they wander into the house for a bathroom break or something to drink after running around our yard for 2 hours).
  • Wednesday the kids have their Lego / K'Nex class.  This week, rather than going, I stayed home and made LOTS of phone calls.
  • Thursday, I closed on my first house for this year.
  • Friday, I showed houses to my client that I mention in the first bullet. On my way home I spent $90 on $175 in groceries (that took planning on Thursday night).
  • Saturday I did some stuff around the house, did some stuff for work, and went to church and small group in the evening.
  • And today I am taking out my clients from Friday again to look at some more houses.  Hopefully I will get home in time to go out to dinner.  Dinner out on Super Bowl Sunday?!?  Yep.  It's a bit of tradition.  My birthday is always around the super bowl and my hubby and I don't like football.  We used to watch the super bowl for the commercials, but now that they find their way on youtube the next day, there is no need.  So instead we go out to dinner to a restaurant where there is no TV in the hopes that it won't be crowded.
Oh, and of course there's the laundry, dishes, cooking, homechooling, and the occassional sleep at night thrown in to the week too.

Here's to hoping the next week is busy enough  but not too busy.

2 comments:

  1. Busy lady!! Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. And dinner was wonderful. We went to a restaurant that is normally PACKED and there was hardly anyone there.

    ReplyDelete