Sunday, February 24, 2013

Memory Lane

It's amazing how time passes differently for each generation.  To my kids, things drag on for what seems like an eternity (so they say).  For me, those same things pass too quickly.  And from what I understand, the older you get, the faster things seem to pass.  Something I'm not looking forward to honestly.

So today, rather than thinking about how quickly my future is going to pass before me, I'm going to reminisce and revel in the past.  You see, today my best friend through junior high and high school is celebrating her birthday.  It's been more years than I'd like to admit since I've seen her, but we still try to keep in touch as best we can considering we live 1000's of miles apart and both have families that keep us busy.

I remember walks in the woods talking about which boys we liked and who was driving us absolutely crazy (our siblings usually being near the top of the list).  I remember snowball fights, sleep overs, and working together over the summers among many other things.

But most of all, I remember what a Godly young woman she was.  And you know what, that hasn't changed.  She is still young (compared to me certainly) and she lives out her faith every day.  She truly is an inspiration.

Love you Deanna!  I pray you have a wonderful day.

1 comment: