Sunday, February 10, 2013

Where Did That Freight Train Come From?

Where has the time gone?  I mean really...  How is it possible that 9 years ago tomorrow I gave birth to my oldest child?

Boy, how things have changed during those 9 years.  For example, 9 years ago I was at my parent's house because we were iced out of our house.  Yesterday, we had a birthday party for my son and were able to take advantage of the beautiful weather by having the party outside in our lanai.  Rather than worry about getting red cheeks from the cold, we were worrying about getting sunburn (SO not complaining folks).  And today, my kids were crazy enough to swim in our unheated pool (for no more than 30 minute mind you).


Feb 10.  Outside temp = 70ish.  Pool temp = 65

It's been such a wonder and privilege to watch my son grow up the last 9 years. To see him go from a helpless baby (I can't say little) to the helpful, smart, kind young man he is now.  I hope the next 9 years go by slowly because I have no doubt that when my son turns 18 he is going to begin a very awesome chapter in his life.  Although a part of me looks forward to it, I'm in no rush for it to get here.
------------

So, for those interested in the party details... we had a robot themed party.  The kids and I made a cake that looked like a robot,



we found some fun robot decorations, and the kids got to play with some of Jason's robot creations, as well as a variation of pin the tail on the donkey (I call it assemble the robot).


We started with the body and the kids added all the pieces.
And after it got dark (and all the party goers had gone home) we had a bonfire.


3 comments:

  1. Wish I was there, not for the pool part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is already 9. I remember very clearly touching his cheek in the hospital and thinking it was the softest thing I had ever felt. I'm glad the party went well. Happy became a Mother day to you and a big happy birthday to J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, We wish you could have been here too. We need Stephen for the pool part ;-) Thanks Jen. I do consider this my mother's day so thanks for wishing me a happy one :-)

    ReplyDelete