Friday, January 25, 2013

Juggling Act

Many of you may not know, but the area where I live in Florida is very popular for circus performers to live.  Why?  Because there are winter homes for the circus animals in the area so they often have circus performances in the winter around here.  In fact, the person we bought our house from used to be in the circus. 

Well, yesterday I felt a bit like I was in the circus.  We had friends from Virginia were vacationing in Florida for a week and we decided yesterday was the day to get together and catch up.  We have kids with similar ages so we decided to meet at a tourist attraction the kids would like.  We chose Clearwater Marine Aquarium (home of Winter the dolphin).

When I picked this date and put it on my calendar, my work load had been pretty light.  There weren't that many new leads coming in and I didn't have many clients who wanted to see properties right away. 

That changed two days ago.  The FREEZING cold temperatures up north has made it so more people from up north are eager to move now rather than later. 

I was not about to cancel my plans, so I had to do some juggling and prioritizing.  I dealt with a couple things before I left.  Then at lunch, I made a couple phone calls to try to schedule showings for someone to see today.  A couple hours later, I made a few more phone calls to new prospects.  Then when I got home I made more phone calls, sent emails, and did some research for my clients.

It was a busy day (it seemed more so mentally than physically), but I made it.  My clients aren't any worse off, my kids and I got to see our friends who we hadn't seen in a while, and I got to feel like I have at least a little bit of a life.  All in all a good day.

My daughter is convinced she will work with Winter one day.

Winter really is an amazing dolphin

Nicholas - the only male dolphin is very entertaining

The van they use for rescues.

"Stay back!"

Run away....

Cool to see they have bones in their flippers.

3 comments: