Thursday, February 21, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

Shortly after I started working in real estate I was offered an opportunity to get a free head shot.  The goal was to get a picture I could use on the company website, my personal website (when I actually get it up and running), as well as any documentation I print out.

I have never photographed all that well, but after getting the photographers "best shots" I felt very disappointed.  Below is the picture that I felt was the best of the 6 or so pictures I was given.  I felt like I was a baby bird looking up at it's mother asking begging for food.



Yesterday, I was given another opportunity to have a head shot taken.  The session would be free and my preferred picture would be sent to my employer for them to use on the company website.  If I wanted the picture to use elsewhere it was my option to pay for that right.  Before going in I decided what I would be willing to pay.  When I was told it would cost twice that amount, I paused briefly but decided it was worth it.  Not only did I get to pick my favorite 2 shots, but I watched them touch them up (and even told them to undo something).  This experience just solidifies in my mind the saying that you get what you pay for.



Now that you've seen both pictures on the same page, do you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Of course, I think you are beautiful always, but I do like the second picture best.

    ReplyDelete