Sunday, January 20, 2013

Getting Used to Disappointment

"Get used to disappointment"... that's a line from one of my favorite movies.  Today I discovered an excellent way for me to get over disappointment.

You see, I have been in contact with someone since the end of September.  They were buying an existing business in the area and therefore wanted to find a house nearby.  I've been trying to reach them for a couple months figuring I was always catching them while they were at work and they were so busy they couldn't return my calls.  So, today I packed up the kids and we went to their new business.  It just so happens to be a gift shop / deli so the kids and I went there for a late lunch.

Much to my disappointment, I figured out the real reason they had not been in touch with me.  Apparently they just moved into their new house on Jan 1.  So what's a girl to do?  Suck it up.  Eat the food I'd ordered.  And take the kids to the beach.

OK, so I'd already planned to do the beach and checking in on my "client" on the same trip.  What I discovered though is that sitting on the beach, digging holes and tunnels in the sand with my kids, watching the sea gulls, and collecting shells makes all the cares and concerns about a "lost sale" float away with the tide. 





4 comments:

  1. What a bummer! It is too bad they didn't have the "guts" to let you know they went another route. Love your attitude about it though. Looks like you had a fun day at the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, Honestly that's my biggest beef. I wish they would have said something. I've been trying to reach them for a couple months and they didn't have the courtesy to call or send me a quick email saying, "Hey, we found something. Thanks for trying." Not only did I try calling them numerous times, but today I drove out to their place of business (40 min ea way) and ordered food that in my opinion was overpriced for what I got to find out they didn't have the courtesy of telling me they'd found something. Some people just don't have common courtesy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so discourteous (sp?)! It wouldn't have taken much to simply say, "Thanks, but we found something." Sorry you wasted so much effort, but I'm glad you got a great day at the beach with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, It WAS a great day at the beach with the kids and that made it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete