Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bribery or An Incentive?

Call it what you will, but the fact that my kids must earn time on their new Kindle's by doing school work each day, has done wonders for their attitudes (and volume accomplished) when it comes to school.  In fact, I find them asking for more work each day.  Score one for Mommy and Daddy  ;-)

Unfortunately, it's given ME a bad attitude.  You see, we are secretly basing the time allowed to spend on the Kindle upon the amount of time actually spent doing school work.  That means I have to track the amount of time they are spending on their school and then I have to "allow" for Kindle time according to the ratio hubby and I have agreed upon.   Of course they don't want to do everything all at once and then play... No, they want to do a few pages, then play, and repeat.

Not a big problem typically, but add that to the phone calls, emails, and year-end stuff I've been doing the last few days and I'm getting a bit frazzled trying to keep track of everything.

I will overcome this obstacle.  I have no choice.  My kids are ASKING to do school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment