Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week in Summary

Let's do this shall we:

  • I got my picture re-taken for work, this time inside so I wouldn't be squinty.  Honestly, I think the picture my husband took looks better.  Glad I didn't pay for it.
  • Hubby dropped off me and the kids at Sea World in Orlando while he went to a surplus store that happens to have stuff from NASA.  He spent hours there.  I was amazed at his self restraint.  Perhaps it was because we took the Fiat and not the pickup truck.  :-)
  • I went to a homeschool mom's night out where I heard a WONDERFUL speaker and got to know other homeschooling moms in the area just a little better.  It is so nice to get pointers and to know you are not alone in your struggles. 
  • My nephew turned 1 last Sunday and was admitted to the hospital on Thursday with a serious infection.  He's still in the hospital but he seems to be getting better slowly.  Praise the Lord!
  • My little brother had a birthday this week.  You know that speaker who I said was wonderful?  Well she was talking about brain development a little and said that boys don't usually outgrow that stage where they have no concerns for danger till they are about 23 or so.  My brother didn't get the memo.  He's older than that and he jumps out of perfectly good planes for fun (on a regular basis I might add).  I guess I should just be happy he made it one more year, huh?
  • I had a pretty good week at work (more on that in another post soon).
  • And my son submitted his first lab report for his K'Nex physics class this week (you know the one another mother said he was too young to be in) and his lab was used as the example of how to do it.  Can you say proud Mama?!
I guess that's about it.  Did any of you do anything particularly interesting last week?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the close and J!!! That's so awesome. Particularly interesting? I ran and biked in a new location. It was scary and fun.

    ReplyDelete