Saturday, September 1, 2012

TMI

I have learned recently that my line of work can put you into some very interesting situations. 

I've taken people in my car and had to tell them in advance that I didn't want them smoking in my car (thankfully they were nice about that).  I've been standing on a porch trying to open a door to hear and feel something running under the porch.  Needless to say, we didn't go into that house.  My family has even been invited over for dinner because "You're just so nice and fun."

And the one that's surprised me the most... how much people will tell me about their lives.  I've had people tell me that they were about to go into foreclosure, so they wanted to try to buy a house with the cash on hand as fast as possible (before they couldn't anymore).  I've had people tell me about their marital issues.  In one case, I feel a bit like a therapist because I feel like I have to help keep the peace so they don't fighting in front of me (nothing physical mind you).  What they're thinking when telling me all this I'm not sure. 

All I know is, when you go looking for a house you don't need to tell your Realtor EVERYTHING about you.  Some things we just don't need or want to know.

2 comments: