Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week in Summary

What did we do this week (besides the normal boring stuff):

  • Hubby ended up helping teach / facilitate my son's K'Nex class because the regular teacher was out with a sick child.
  • I got a professional head-shot taken.  It was taken outside and I have a serious squinting problem as a result of an eye problem I was born with.  That means we will be taking the pictures again inside tomorrow.
  • I got my Realtor pin.  Guess that makes it official somehow.  Doesn't feel like it.  I think the interactions I've had have made it seem more real than getting a pin and a certificate.
  • We went on a field trip to a local newspaper.  This is a rare opportunity.  It just so happens that my son's K'Nex teacher works there so he was able to get a group of people a tour (pays to know the right people).
  • Hubby has made more progress on getting our closet floor done.  I'm hoping I can unpack my luggage of dress clothes by next weekend.
  • I had the scariest home showing to date this week.  I took my client to what appears on paper to be a very nice neighborhood.  It is gated and the condos look very nice.  Unfortunately, it backs up to a less-than-nice apartment complex.  As we were walking back to our cars they were explaining to me that in their line of work as a local prosecutor they have learned that (in our area anyway) a white t-shirt means the person has more than likely been in jail.  (Apparently in the jails they are only allowed to wear white t-shirts.)  Anyway, they further explained that the longer the t-shirt the worse the crime or longer their time in jail.  I guess it gives them some sort of street-cred.  All I know is that as I'm walking next to this prosecutor, an SUV with 2 big guys with white t-shirts drive past us very slowly while looking at us.  The fact that the prosecutor was between me and the car didn't ease my mind at all.  Needless to say, I will be hyper-vigilant about where I take this client in the future.
  • Looks like this coming weekend is going to be busy but in a good way.  Can't wait to update you all on how things went.

No comments:

Post a Comment