Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Kittens Strike Back

No the kittens are not back, but they are still haunting us.  You see, one of the last times they went to the pet store they came back with flees.  We think they were dog flees because they were BIG.  We treated the kittens and before we handed them over to their new owners we think they were flee-free.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of our cat.  The poor thing has been scratching and licking herself raw for the last few days.  We've even treated her and although it helped, we are still finding live flees on her.  My daughter even has a few bites (they seem to find her before any other human in the house).  Tonight I tried a home remedy that some say works wonders.  I'll let you know how it goes.

This experience certainly makes me rethink the whole fostering process.  We were already thinking of fostering for a different group but now I'm going to have to do some research to see if the kittens we foster could infect our house again cause I'm really not liking this.

1 comment:

  1. You know, it never occurred to me that they'd come home from a showing with fleas. Ugh. I hope the remedies work.

    ReplyDelete