Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week In Summary

I think I'm going to try something new.  I'm going to do a post on either Saturday or Sunday of each week that is going to summarize the different things of importance or interest that our family has done during the previous week.  To make seeing the different things easier I'm going to use bullet points and perhaps a few pictures if I have them.

  • Besides continuing to find current clients the home of their dream or trying to pick up new clients, I had my first home inspection this week.  I still technically don't have a completed contract (long story), but I hope to have that early this coming week. 
  • The kids had their science class and Lego / K'Nex class this week.  After the K'Nex class one of the other parents walked up to my husband and suggested that our son be moved to an easier class (he is 2 years younger than the recommended age) because he didn't know how to do division (they were figuring out speed using distance and time).  So what did we do?  We sat down that night and in about 10 minutes our son had figured out what division is and how to do it (using a calculator at this point, but that's ok because everyone else in his class is using a calculator too).
She tried to copy the picture.  She did not only the fence but a tree.
  • We went to Cheeburger, Cheeburger for the first time since the kittens were all adopted (the pet store was right next door).  The kids had been asking for a while but it's all the way across town.
  • We made use of the trip to Cheeburger, Cheeburger by also going to the Trader Joe's that had opened only days before (OK so this was really the reason we were in the area.  It just so happened that it was around lunch time).
  • The kids and I went to a bee keeping seminar where we learned about bees and raising them.  We also bought some local raw honey after taste testing a few different kinds (yum!)

  • The whole family went to the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary where we got to see lots of various monkeys and apes, as well as some birds and alligators.  And the kids got to hold a baby (just under 1 year old) alligator too.



  • On the way home from the primate sanctuary we passed a Krispy Kreme so of course we had to stop.

  • In addition to working on a programming project he's been trying to get to a point where it can be sold, my husband has also had the time to work on installing the last of the Pergo flooring in our master closets.  He still has one more closet left (there are 2) but I'm guessing that will be done very soon.  
  • My husband's also been doing a lot of cooking lately.  Not because I've been gone at dinner time but because he realized that he likes to cook.  I can sense a battle in the near future.  Perhaps when we upgrade our kitchen it will be to a gourmet kitchen where we can both work together.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to get caught up from afar! I like all the trips and learnings going on. :)

    ReplyDelete