Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feelin' The Love

Today has been a hectic, on-the-go, don't have time to stop kinda day for me.  I work up at 6AM with a headache and didn't fall back asleep very easily (thankfully I did).  Even better, was that my kids let me sleep in till 9.  After that, things haven't stopped.

That said, I have had a couple really nice "surprises" today.  This morning my son asked if he could make himself scrambled egg for breakfast.  He's made pancakes a couple times and has done a great job so I figured why not.  Not only did he make himself an egg, but he offered to make me one. 
It. was. perfect.

Then when he realized I was going to be leaving for an afternoon meeting without having lunch, he walked up to me and handed me a snack pack of craisins so I could at least eat something in the car.  He also got me a glass of ice water for in the car.

When I got home from said meeting, I was greeted by the smell of banana bread and a fridge door full of homemade mocha coffee drinks.

Now that I've taken a break for a few minutes to let you all in on the joy that has brightened my day, I need to get back to the list of work I still have to complete before I can go to bed tonight. 

Here's to hoping you have all felt a little love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment