Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting

A while ago I wrote a blog article about how I was going to start knitting hats for preemies (Being Useful).  Shortly after moving to Florida, I found a local hospital that even listed on their website that they had volunteer opportunities for people who knit.  I left a message for the coordinator and got a call back a few days later.  After speaking on the phone for a couple minutes I decided to knit hat and sock sets (something I was told they would be able to use).

Last Thursday, I dropped off my first 2, knit baby sets (each consisting of a hat and matching socks).  I included a note asking for feedback so that I know how to proceed.  I heard back from them yesterday.  They said they liked them and would love to get more.  Luckily they don't need preemie ones often, so I've been asked to make them a regular newborn size.  I also got the ok to make a few on the larger size (for those rare babies like my son and nephew who have rather large heads).

She even told me that I should look into selling my sets.  Hmmmm... have fun and make money in the process.  Who doesn't like to do that?  Definitely something I will look into further at some point... just not now.

1 comment: