Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where Did THAT Come From?

I realize that I live in Florida and many of you who don't live in Florida probably think that we go swimming year round.  I admit, that I thought that when I first moved here too.  But that is SO not the case.  The temperatures may be in the 70's or higher during the day, but the temps can drop into the 40's and 50's at night.  That means the pool's temp can drop quite a bit at night (we've found as much as 4 degrees).  Considering how much it costs to heat the pool, we've found that just leaving it alone our pool tends to sit around 68 degrees.

Yesterday, the temp got up to 70 in the pool, so you know what?  My kids decided to go into the pool.  It's February!  I could barely put my toes in without feeling cold.  I will admit that they didn't go all the way in (my daughter came close though) and they didn't stay in long. 

Trying to get off that final step (didn't happen).

You know what?  I'm pretty sure I remember being that way when I was a kid.  And I know my husband was too.  He told us a story yesterday about how he and his brother would get into their pool in March (keep in mind they lived in Texas and the temps were around 58 there in March and they would use inner tubes so they wouldn't get wet).  I guess it's just a kid thing; getting in the pool as often as possible even if it is a bit cold.

One other thing, my kids got from me... their lips turn purple after being in cold water.

Yep, she went in her clothes.


1 comment:

  1. I was definately like this. Would always choose to go in the pool, no matter how cold.

    ReplyDelete