Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Things Kids Say

    Sometimes you just have to compile a list of the cute things kids say (at least I do).  Here's a list of some of the things I've found memorable over the last few weeks:

    • My dad was teasing my 5 year old daughter recently and asked her if her leg had to be cut off because of an injury to her leg.  She then proceeded to say, "No.  Does it look like I have a prosthetic?"  Can you tell we've been obsessed with Winter the dolphin and her prosthetic tale?
    • My son asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said, "Obedience... Kindness to each other."   His response, "Well, I don't think that's going to happen."  (I can dream can't I?)
    • We were talking about how my kids weren't going to be allowed to get married for at least 20 years because I'm not ready for them to move out of the house.  My daughter then chimed in and said, "We can move out when we are teenagers, because then we can reach things for ourselves."  I'm so glad that is not the true criteria since my son is already up to my arm pit.   At the rate he's going he will be as tall as me by the time he's 10!
    • We were driving in town the other day and my daughter was complaining of how long it was taking to get to our destination.  I told her it was because of traffic.  She then responded, "I don't like traffic."  After a pause of maybe 10 seconds she said, "I don't even know what traffic is."
    • My son was reading a book that said, "Crocks have very scary tails."  He then paused his reading and said, "I'm more scared of their mouth and stomach."

    1 comment: