Friday, May 2, 2014

Pushing Through

I like to think of myself as an athlete.  I played soccer on a co-ed county league for many years.  I enjoy swimming, bicycling, and even weight training.  Running on the other hand... I like the idea of it, but I'm just not good at it.  A sprint I can do, but distances are not my thing.  So when someone mentioned there is a half-marathon in November that is supporting a cause near and dear to my heart, I thought about saying no simply because "I don't do distances."  But I heard this song on the radio and decided that I'm not going to use that as an excuse.  I may not get the best time, I may not even finish, but I'm at least going to try.

To that end, I'm running run/walking a 5K tomorrow.  While training the last couple days I've found that that 1.5 mile - 2 mile mark is my tough point.  But once I get past that, the rest is cake.  So here's to overcoming my fears, overcoming my doubts, and pushing through.

2 comments:

  1. Good attitude. Quiters never win because they never put themselves in the position TO win.

    ReplyDelete