Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kids have a Sixth Sense Too

Mom's have a sixth sense.  An eye-in-the-back-of-their-heads if you will.  Everyone knows it's true.  After all, how many times did you get caught doing things you KNEW your mom couldn't see when you were growing up?  I admit, I've honed this same "sense," and my kids are amazed when I catch them doing things.

But you know what I've discovered?  Kids have it too.  But their sixth sense helps them get up early on those days Mom gets up early to get things done while the kids are in bed.  I've been getting up at 7AM the last week and a half or so.  That's a big thing for me... I'm not a morning person.  Getting up at 9 is more my speed.  And 9 or 10 USED to be my kids speed, till I started getting up early.  Now they are up at 7:30 or 8.  How.do.they.know?  And why can't I have some uninterrupted, productive time? 

My goal with getting up early was so I could get work done and give my kids more undivided attention later in the day.  Now all three of us are sleep deprived and cranky by the end of the day and the house is still a mess and I still have hours of work to do after the kids are in bed, but I'm to sleepy to do it.  Sigh.

2 comments: