Monday, May 5, 2014

Cry Uncle

I'm a busy person.  I don't like to sit still for long.  Even when I'm "watching TV" I'm usually doing something else (working on my grocery list, knitting, working on my to do list for the next day, etc).  It's the way I've been as far back as I can remember.  My moto since I got my first job at 15 has always been, "I'd rather be busy than bored," and I stick by that because being busy helps the time pass by more quickly. 

But there is such a thing as too busy.  This evening after finally getting my kids to bed way later than I intended, I realized I still had so many things to do in preparation for the next 2 days, that I finally cried uncle and had hubby help me with a few things.  Under normal circumstances these things would be pretty simple (trash, cat care, dishes, etc) but here it is and it's almost 1am and I finally wrapped up the rest of list of prep items for tomorrow (minus a treadmill workout that I can hopefully squeeze in tomorrow).  If it weren't for his help, I'd either have starved the cats, let the dishes get crusty and hard to wash tomorrow, had rotting food in our trash can for an extra few days, or been up till 2 or so getting these things done.

Crying Uncle is a good thing.  Perhaps I should have done it sooner and given him a bigger list so I could have been in bed before midnight... Lesson learned for next time (I'm sure there will be a next time).

Now to get to bed so I can get up bright and early (for me) so I can enjoy endure have another busy day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love lists. I haven't quite gotten the nerve to give my hubby any beyond a quick text, but I am super happy you are using teamwork. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete