Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

As Memorial Day wraps up, I'm cutting expired coupons.  Lots of them.  To the point that I'm taking a break by typing this quick blog entry.  Expired you ask?  Yes, expired.  That's because, military personnel stationed overseas can use coupons up to 6 months after they expire.  Considering the cost of living in some of these locations as well as the miniscule pay they receive, I can only imagine that coupons truly help them meet their budgets.

This is not something I do just on Memorial Day.  I try to make it a monthly thing and I admit, sometimes I get behind (like I am now).  I will say, it is a bit more poignant today, because as I clip, I have opportunity to ponder all that our military personnel have done, are doing, and will do for me and my family.  I know it's not much, but it's just one simple way I can show my appreciation and support.

If you are so inclined to send your expired coupons to the military too, I'd recommend the following sites to help you figure out what, when, and where to send:

http://www.supportourtroops.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1615

http://www.grocerysavingtips.com/p/military-family.html




God bless and protect our troops!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to help! Thanks for caring enough to do it and for thinking to take action to share.

    ReplyDelete