Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maturity

As my regular readers know, my daughter recently went to the dentist and got her first filling.  Something I didn't mention was that after her filling she was given an opportunity to go to the treasure chest and pick out anything she wanted.  And what did she pick?  A toy for her brother.

This just shows something I've known about my daughter for quite a while.  My daughter is one of the most considerate, compassionate, kind, and caring children I know.  She thinks of other's feelings more than most kids her age.

Especially considering that tomorrow she turns 7!   Where has the time gone?!?

Money in our house has been tight since about this time last year.  We are not the type of people who tell our kids all the details, but we think they have a right to know why we don't eat out as much as we used to, why we didn't renew our Busch Garden's passes, and why they aren't getting as many toys as they used to.  So that means our kids know that there won't be many presents at the various holidays.

My daughter has the smallest bedroom in the house (probably close to half the size of her brother's room) and the only way to give her more space was to go up.  So earlier today, we picked up a loft bed for her room that I found on Craig's List.  As we were walking to our truck after picking up the bed, she grabs my hand and says in a very energetic voice, "This is the best birthday present EVER!"

And what did my daughter do after we got the bed put together tonight?  After climbing in and testing the bed for herself, she climbed down and let her brother take a turn.




That girl, just melts my heart.

Happy 7th Birthday to my not-so-little girl!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooo proud of her and her mom that it brings me to tears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! I can't believe how fast the time has flown! Happy birthday to your amazing K.

    ReplyDelete