Sunday, May 26, 2013

Purpose Driven Cleaning

Well, my parents have booked the moving truck so we know when they will be moving in with us.  They should be pulling up to our house in 3 weeks.

As a typical woman, I feel it's my responsibility to make sure the house is clean when guests arrive, but this is a different situation.   They aren't just visiting; they will be moving in for a few months while they figure out where they want to settle down themselves.  That means cleaning takes on a new meaning.  It's probably more accurate to say, we've been doing lots of organizing (with a little cleaning). 

My daughter has done a FANTASTIC job of widdling down her craft projects into a more manageable pile.  That means that her stuff is no longer overflowing into the guest room (the room my parents will be in).

Hubby has been cleaning out an area for them to store their stuff.

Son and I have been rearranging furniture in the family room into a more practical layout for 6 people (plus 2 more to visit in late July and early August).  And we've also been organizing my stockpile of food and household goods so that it's easier for multiple cooks and shoppers to figure out what we do and do not have.

Luckily we have a little more time to get things done, but the progress we've made so far means I'm not feeling stressed at all about getting things done in time.  And my propensity to make lists doesn't hurt either  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment