Friday, April 19, 2013

Love and Compassion Taught by a Child

With all that's been going on in Boston this week, it's impossible to hide things from my kids.  Would I want to?  No.  Especially in light of what it has showed me about my children.

Earlier today I asked them, "What kind of person would do this?"
Their response: "I don't know."

My next question:  "Do you think they believe in Jesus?"
Their response: "No."

Me: "Why not?"
Their response: "Because Jesus said not to hurt others.  To love them."

Tonight, as I was putting my daughter to bed, we prayed like we always do, and one of the last things I prayed for was the safety of the police and that the suspect would be caught.

Then she tells me, "I hope they catch him and put in him prison instead of kill him, because then he can have a chance to know Jesus."  I am so proud of her for saying that.

How many adults would say the same thing?  Many want justice and not mercy.  But I firmly believe Jesus would be proud of my child's reaction too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I was so hoping there would be a "live capture" in this situation. For everyone's sake.

    ReplyDelete