Sunday, April 14, 2013

Take it However It Comes

Today was a relaxing day in our house.  This is my goal for every Sunday.  That isn't to say that we don't DO things.  I just don't stress and force us to accomplish any big thing.  For example:

  • I made a couple phone calls for work (setting stuff up for tomorrow)
  • Folded laundry I washed a couple days ago
  • Took the kids out to buy our weekly newspapers (for the coupons)
  • Helped my son sort and put away his K'Nex
  •  Washed and detailed the car

I will admit, those last 2 were kinda big and time consumptive.  But it gave me alone time with each of my kids.  My son and I worked on the K'Nex for at least an hour.  The whole time we were talking about different things.  My daughter helped me with the car, and we got to have some interesting conversations. 

Would I have rather taken each of my kids out for a date to say an ice cream shop or a movie?  Of course.  But then I think about how much talking would we have done watching a movie or stuffing our face with ice cream.  I'm guessing not much, so I am happy with how my day turned out.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had some quality time with both of them. Hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete