Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Time4Learning Review

I was recently given an opportunity to review Time4Learning.com free of charge for 30 days.  Well, those 30 days are up so here is my review.

My 6 year old daughter enjoyed the website.  In fact, it was hard to get her off.  The problem is that she was on my computer which I need to work.  Because of that, she was not able to use it as often as I would like, certainly not enough if I were paying for access.

My 8 year old son on the other hand was less than enthusiastic.  I think the primary reason for that is that his grade level seemed to require a lot more reading than he likes to do.  He is what I call a reluctant reader.  I was hoping that Time4Learning would have short snippets of reading followed by games and or videos, but we never got that far.  There seemed to be large sections of reading which just bogged him down.

Would I actually pay for Time4Learning?  Perhaps, but just for my daughter for now.  If I had a dedicated computer for her that is.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your daughter enjoyed it! Sorry that your son didn't as much. My 8yo son loves it, but he has been with it since Pre-K. Maybe he's more used to it? Lol. The one time we tried classic textbook/workbook stuff with him, that didn't work. Definitely felt there was more reading and monotony with the workbook than with T4L, but as we all know, every homeschooling family is different. :)

    As a side note, in case it's something you wanted to look into for your daughter without buying a dedicated computer for her, both of my boys have worked on T4L on their tablets (one iPad-with a special browser to work with flash, one Android-which needed no special app or anything). If that is something she has, or will get soon, you might be able to revisit T4L for her. :)

    Good luck with your homeschooling, and hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete